Our Mission & Vision
We believe Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are at the core of the health and growth of every corporation, organization, and community.
To collectively advance diversity and inclusion by collaboration and knowledge transfer across organizations throughout Central Ohio.
To be a valued resource for organizations, leaders, and individuals pursuing best practices in diversity and inclusion.
Over the Years
The CODC journey began in 2006 with Dave Sullivan and Priscilla Hammonds meeting at a table of change to connect, learn from each other, and expand their networks. Hunger for a fulfilling life for disenfranchised groups in their work spaces is what drew them together. Every time they met, they felt a strong conviction to invite a few more people to the table. As these people joined, they found a common ingredient: resources and knowledge transfer amongst professionals are needed to guide D&I Practitioners as they formulate and execute D&I strategies within their workplaces.
- As companies such as L Brands and Ohio Health met them at the table and informal meetings began to become more formal, their focus evolved. They expanded their language from Affirmative Action (AA) and Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) to Diversity & Inclusion.
- As their table grew with more passionate practitioners, CODC decided to take this growth a step further. They decided to look for companies that had D&I practitioners and/or staff and proactively reach out to them. Trust was the common ingredient that held everyone together.
- Their pivotal moment came when they realized that other professionals within different industries faced similar challenges. Their responsibility for D&I took on a new meaning as they set out to understand what formalizing their organization would look like in order to disseminate information on a broader scale.
- Growth of the organization brought with it a branding tune up and an increased social media presence. These additions allowed CODC to once again create more space for others.
The Future and Beyond
- Innovation is our blueprint. We take in stride the task of mapping out proactive solutions for what’s to come for our communities and our nation. We commit to remaining authentic, being strategic, and leading the charge to positively shifting what effective diversity, equity, and inclusion looks like in organizations.